Mang nghĩa "cho đến khi, mãi cho đến"
=to become very angry or upset/Up until or up to are used to indicate the latest time at which something can happen, or the end of the period of time that you are referring to.
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- Please feel free to call me any time up until half past nine at night.
- Up to 1989, the growth of per capita income averaged 1 per cent per year.
- Susan's parents waited up until she returned. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Cha mẹ Susan thức đợi cho đến khi Susan về nhà)
- I won't give up until I solve it. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Tôi sẽ không bỏ cuộc cho đến khi tôi giải quyết nó)
- I'd like to stay here up until Christmas. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Tôi rất muốn ở lại đây cho đến Nô-en)
- The talk didn't break up until after midnight. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Quá nửa đêm thì cuộc nói chuyện mới kết thúc)
- Laura was here up until about 5 minutes ago.
- The building was used as a hospital through the 1960s up to 1972.
- We can make the delivery any time tomorrow up till about 10 pm.