I. "turn out"vừa là phrasal verb ngoại động từ & vừa là phrasal verb nội động từ
II. Cách dùng
1. Mang nghĩa"hoá ra là"
=If something turns out a particular way, it happens in that way or has the result or degree of success indicated/When you are commenting on pleasant weather, you can say that is has turned out nice or fine, especially if this is unexpected.
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- I had no idea that it would turn out like this.
- Everything finally will turn out satisfactorily for you. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Mọi chuyện cuối cùng rồi sẽ diễn biến một cách tốt đẹp cho bạn)
- Sometimes things don't turn out the way we think they're going to.
- I was positive things were going to turn out fine
- It's turned out nice again.
- Cosgrave's forecast turned out to be quite wrong.
- It turned out that I knew the person who got shot.
2. Mang nghĩa"xuất hiện ở đâu đó, tham gia"
=If people turn out for a particular event or activity, they go and take part in it or watch it.
3. Mang nghĩa"sản xuất"
=If a business or other organization turns out something, it produces it.
4. Mang nghĩa"tiễn ra/tống cổ khỏi nhà"
=If you turn someone out of a place, especially the place where they have been living, you force them to leave that place.
5. Mang nghĩa"đổ cái gì đó ra"
=If you turn out the contents of a container, you empty it by removing them or letting them fall out.
- Turn out all the drawers in your desk. Hãy dốc hết thứ trong những ngăn kéo bàn của anh ra.
- Turn out the dough on to a floured surface.
- Turn the plants out of their pots.
6. Mang nghĩa"bật cái gì đó lên"
=When you turn out something such as a light or gas, you move the switch or knob that controls it so that it stops giving out light or heat.