I. "show up"vừa là phrasal verb nội động từ vừa là phrasal verb ngoại động từ
II. Cách dùng
1. Mang nghĩa"xuất hiện"
=If something shows up or if something shows it up, it can be clearly seen or noticed.
- You may have some strange disease that may not show up for 10 or 15 years.
- The orange tip shows up well against most backgrounds.
- They didn't show up yesterday. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Hôm qua họ không đến)
- This storm will show up soon. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Cơn bão này sẽ sớm xuất hiện thôi)
- ...a telescope so powerful that it can show up galaxies billions of light years away.
2. Mang nghĩa"bóc trần, bóc phốt, làm người khác ngại"
=If someone or something shows you up, they make you feel embarrassed or ashamed of them.
- He wanted to teach her a lesson for showing him up in front of Leonov.
- She kept saying I ought to try some, but I wasn't going to show myself up.
- We expected every drawing exercise to show us up as hopeless artists.