I. "take on"là phrasal verb ngoại động từ
II. Cách dùng
1. Mang nghĩa"thuê ai làm gì, tuyển dụng"
=If you take someone on, you employ them to do a job.
- He's spoken to a publishing firm. They're going to take him on.
- It had to take on 10 new workers. Họ phải tuyển dụng 10 nhân viên mới.
- The party has been taking on staff, including temporary organisers.
2. Mang nghĩa"có (đặc tính...)"
=If something takes on a new appearance or quality, it develops that appearance or quality.
- Believing he had only a year to live, his writing took on a feverish intensity.
- Our website is taking on a new look.
- The story begins to take on mythic proportions. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Câu chuyện bắt đầu quá hoang đường)
- The war took on a different meaning for everyone involved.
3. Mang nghĩa"gánh vác, đảm nhận (trách nhiệm, công việc....)"
=If you take on a job or responsibility, especially a difficult one, you accept it.
- No other organisation was able or willing to take on the job.
- Don't take on more responsibilities than you can handle.
- I believe I can take on this position. Tôi tin là mình có thể đảm nhiệm được vị trí này.
- Is she willing to take on the responsibility? Cô ta sẽ gánh vác trách nhiệm này chứ?
- I can’t take on any more work at the moment.
4. Mang nghĩa"chiến đấu"
=If you take someone on, you fight them or compete against them, especially when they are bigger or more powerful than you are.
- Democrats were reluctant to take on a president whose popularity ratings were so high.
- I knew I couldn't take him on.
5. Mang nghĩa"tự ý làm gì mà không hỏi ý kiến ai"
=If you take something on or upon yourself, you decide to do it without asking anyone for permission or approval.
- Knox had taken it on himself to choose the menu.
- He took upon himself the responsibility for protecting them.
- The President absolved his officers and took the blame upon himself.
- My mother took it on herself to invite them.
6. Mang nghĩa"tiếp thêm nhiên liệu, lấy thêm khách hàng"
=If a vehicle such as a bus or ship takes on passengers, goods, or fuel, it stops in order to allow them to get on or to be loaded on.
- This is a brief stop to take on passengers and water.