I. "put sth across"là ngoại động từ
II. Cách dùng
Mang nghĩa"truyền đạt (thông tin), giải thích (thông điệp) cho ai đó hiểu"
=When you put something across or put it over, you succeed in describing or explaining it to someone/to explain an idea, belief etc in a way that is easy to understand/to express your ideas clearly and effectively so that people can see what you are really like
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- He has taken out a half-page advertisement in his local paper to put his point across.
- This is actually a very entertaining book putting over serious health messages.
- He really enjoys putting across a technical argument.
- Television can be one of the most effective ways to put across health messages. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Truyền hình có thể là một trong những phương thức hữu hiệu nhất để truyền đạt những thông điệp về y tế)
- Television can be a useful way of putting across health messages.
- Emily puts herself across very well.
- It's an interesting idea and I thought he put it across well.
- I do expect standards to be met and, if I have to, I can put the point across strongly.