I. "get through"vừa là phrasal verb nội động từ vừa là phrasal verb ngoại động từ
II. Cách dùng
1. Mang nghĩa"hoàn thành (deadline, bài tập khó....)"
=If you get through a task or an amount of work, especially when it is difficult, you complete it.
- I think you can get through the first two chapters.
2. Mang nghĩa"vượt qua (chướng ngại vật, gian khổ, khó khăn....)"
=If you get through a difficult or unpleasant period of time, you manage to live through it.
- It is hard to see how people will get through the winter.
- We're gonna get through this together. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Chúng ta sẽ cùng nhau vượt qua chuyện này)
- We couldn't get through a day without arguing.
3. Mang nghĩa"dùng, sử dụng"
=If you get through a large amount of something, you use it.
- We've got through a lot of tyres.
- You'll get through at least ten nappies a day.
4. Mang nghĩa"liên lạc, kết nối với ai"
=If you get through to someone, you succeed in making them understand something that you are trying to tell them/If you get through to someone, you succeed in contacting them on the phone.
- An old friend might well be able to get through to her and help her.
- The message was finally getting through to him.
- Did you get through to him? (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Bạn có liên lạc với anh ấy không?)
- Look, I can't get through to this number.
- I've been trying to ring up all day and I couldn't get through.
5. Mang nghĩa"vượt qua (kì thi...)"
=If you get through an examination or get through, you pass it.
- Did you have to get through an entrance examination?
6. Mang nghĩa"thông qua (bộ luật...)"
=If a law or proposal gets through, it is officially approved by something such as a parliament or committee.
- ...if his referendum law failed to get through.
- Such a radical proposal would never get through parliament.