1. Mang nghĩa"tiếp tục làm gì/tiếp tục một hoạt động gì"
=If you carry on doing something, you continue to do it/If you carry on an activity, you do it or take part in it for a period of time.
- The assistant carried on talking.
- Her bravery has given him the will to carry on with his life and his work.
- His eldest son Joseph carried on his father's traditions.
- It's time for me to carry on. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Đã đến lúc anh phải tiếp tục rồi)
- 'Do you mind if I just start with the few formal questions please?'—'Carry on.'
- The consulate will carry on a political dialogue with Indonesia.
- He carried on a passionate affair with Mrs Gilbert.
- Carry on. You’re doing fine.
- He moved to London to carry on his work.
- For the moment we’ve been told to carry on as usual.
- Just carry on with what you were doing.
- If you carry on spending money like that, you’ll end up in debt.
- Carry on until you see the building. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Hãy tiếp tục đi cho đến khi bạn nhìn thấy tòa nhà)
- They can carry on negotiation. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Họ có thể tiến hành các cuộc đàm phán)
- Let us carry on our work. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Chúng ta hãy tiếp tục công việc của chúng ta)
2. Mang nghĩa"có thái độ kỳ quặc, khó chịu"
=If you say that someone is carrying on, you are irritated with them because they are talking very excitedly and saying a lot of unnecessary things /to behave in an angry, excited, or emotional way
- She was yelling and screaming and carrying on.
- He was carrying on about some stupid television series.
- ‘It’s no good you carrying on, Mother,’ said Sally. ‘I’m not going to marry him.’