Mang nghĩa "đặt nền móng, đặt nền tảng cho cái gì"
= to provide the right conditions
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- We are laying the groundwork/foundation for additional research.
- Mandela helped lay the foundations for a new democratic South Africa.
- It was an invention which laid the foundations of modern radio technology.
- He laid the foundations by cutting one percent off interest rates, scrapping special car tax, and boosting the housing industry.
- Because Save the Children want to lay the foundations for a better future.
- The defense Monday seemed to lay the groundwork for an argument about damages.
- Will took advantage of this opportunity to lay the groundwork for his epitaph.
- The plan is intended to lay the groundwork for future research. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Kế hoạch này nhằm lót đường cho những nghiên cứu trong tương lai)
- Officials are laying the groundwork for a summit conference of world leaders. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Giới quan chức đang đặt ra cơ sở cho cuộc họp thượng đỉnh của các nhà lãnh đạo thế giới)
- Your child might not be able to respond yet, but this lays the groundwork for doing so later on. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Con của bạn có thể là chưa trả lời được, nhưng việc này cũng giúp cho bé có được nền tảng để đưa ra câu trả lời về sau)
- He said he hoped they had laid the foundations for peace - but admitted obstacles could lie ahead.
- Then the elite persuaded the newly elected mayor to appoint a committee to lay the groundwork for redevelopment.
- Progress in primary schools has laid the foundations for the drive to raise standards in secondary schools, announced last month. >> IELTS TUTOR có hướng dẫn kĩ PHÂN TÍCH ĐỀ THI THẬT TASK 2 (dạng advantages & disadvantages) NGÀY 04/8/2020 IELTS WRITING GENERAL MÁY TÍNH (kèm bài được sửa hs đi thi)
- One of my officials chairs the experts committee that laid the groundwork for this achievement.