Mang nghĩa"tôn trọng, kính trọng ai"
=to admire or respect someone very much/To have a large amount of respect or admiration for someone.
- He contributed much to the life of York, and was held in high regard there.
- All of us hold the vice president in high regard.
- We hold these policies in high regard.
- Barrack Obama was held in high regard by both Northerners and Southerners. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Ông Barrack Obama được người dân hai miền Nam và Bắc nước Mỹ kính trọng)
- Liana seems to hold her father in high regard, and becomes hurt when people badmouth him in her presence. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Liana dường như rất quý trọng cha của cô ấy, và rất đau lòng khi người ta chê bai ông trước mặt cô)
- I'll go see if I can persuade the committee—they hold me in high regard.
- I've always held my father in high regard for his hard work to provide for us.