Mang nghĩa"thoạt nhìn"
=at the moment when you first see something or find out about something, before you know more details/If you say that something is true or seems to be true at first glance, you mean that it seems to be true when you first see it or think about it, but that your first impression may be wrong.
- At first glance, the theory seems to make a lot of sense.
- There was nothing especially attractive about him at first sight.
- At first glance, organic farming looks much more expensive for the farmer.
- At first glance, they don't interest me. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Thoạt nhìn, họ không thích tôi)
- At first glance the deal looked wonderful, but after reading the fine print he wasn’t so sure.
- At first glance, the problem seemed easy. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Thoạt nhìn vấn đề có vẻ dễ dàng)
- At first glance, I remembered who he is. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Thoạt nhìn qua thì tôi đã nhớ ra ông ta là ai)
- At first glance, it seems a shapeless mass of stone. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Thoạt nhìn đó có vẻ là một khối đá dị hình)
- What is important is not the image we project at first glance. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Cái quan trọng không phải là hình ảnh của cái nhìn đầu tiên)