I. "tuck in" là phrasal verb ngoại động từ
II. Cách dùng
1. Mang nghĩa"ăn ngấu nghiến"
=If someone tucks into a meal or tucks in, they start eating enthusiastically or hungrily/to start eating something eagerl
- She tucked into a breakfast of scrambled eggs.
- Tuck in, it's the last hot food you'll get for a while.
- Judging by the way they tucked into their dinner, they must have been very hungry.
- There's plenty of food, so please tuck in.
- I tucked into bacon and eggs and fried bread.
2. Mang nghĩa"vỗ về ai đi ngủ"
=to put a child into bed and make sure that they are warm and comfortable by covering them well/make someone, especially a child, comfortable in bed by pulling the covers up around them.
- He fed the children and tucked them into bed.
- he carried her back to bed and tucked her in
3. Mang nghĩa"nhét, bỏ cái gì vào cái gì để gọn gàng hơn"
=to put the end of something such as a piece of clothing under or behind another piece in order to make it tidy
- He straightened the shirt and tucked it into his trousers.
- Tuck your trousers into your boots. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Nhét quần vào trong ủng đi)
- Any pupil must tuck his shirt into his trousers before going to school. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Học sinh nào cũng phải cho áo vào quần trước khi đến trường)