Hôm nay, IELTS TUTOR sẽ chia sẻ thêm về các collocation bắt đầu bằng chữ Q nên học trong tiếng anh cho các bạn nha.
quality of life
the level of personal satisfaction, happiness and health in somebody's life - chất lượng cuộc sống
- Those who climb into their cars at six in the morning to commute to Dublin know full well that their quality of life has declined.
- He said that people's quality of life is likely to improve as a result of the reduction in the number of heavy goods vehicles.
- This article was insulting to all men and women who have excruciating pain and severe loss of quality of life from osteoporosis.
- Life is not just about living and dying and as such we all should be able to enjoy a certain quality of life.
- For many, the quality of life has deteriorated and they succumb to pressure.
a prompt or almost immediate reply to a letter or email - trả lời nhanh
- There's a person in America still sleeping the sleep of the just to whom I bunged an e-mail hours ago in the confident but foolish expectation of a quick reply.
- Scribbling a quick reply, I stood up to go to the pencil sharpener.
- Thank you for sending such a quick reply.
- Their reply wasn't as quick as it should've been.
a simple and peaceful way of living - cuộc sống đơn giản
- Off the pitch, O'Sullivan leads a quiet life away from the helter-skelter of international rugby.
- And he admits he cannot wait to pull on a first team shirt after savouring the quiet life of reserve team football with the Black Cats.
- By now, Archer could be forgiven for thinking that she had earned her right to a quiet life of flat champagne and cheap shopping trips.
- Nellie, who was aged seventy years, lived a quiet life and was a deeply religious lady.
- This may sound horribly sad and depressing to all you free teens but in fact I liked the quiet life.
quit a job
to tell an employer you no longer want your job - nghỉ việc
- You may recall I told you about Lil who quit his job here to start a charter yacht business.
- Our friend who moved to California in May for a new job has quit the job and headed back east.
- I eventually quit the job a year later, packed up my bags and my son and ran away from it all to start all over again.
- If you find that your job is boring you to death or you find a better opportunity, you can quit your job and change with no problems.
- A postmaster bound and gagged by two masked robbers during a dawn raid on his village store has told police he wants to quit his job.
to stop drinking alcohol - bỏ rượu/ bia
- My stepdad has quit drinking coffee and consumes great quantities of green tea.
- He quit drinking his five sodas per day, started eating scheduled meals and avoided fat.
- Although I had quit drinking, I began using drugs by myself in an attempt to feel better.
- How did she quit drinking five years ago, and how did she maintain abstinence for several years?
- I quit drinking coffee and bought a bottle of caffeine tablets.
to stop smoking cigarettes - bỏ hút thuốc
- Now I get referrals from medical doctors who have seen their patients lose weight or quit smoking.
- Leary had always said that he would never ever quit smoking, but a few years ago he did.
- Supervised vigorous aerobic exercise programs improve smoking abstinence rates in women trying to quit smoking.
- In women seeking to quit smoking, combination therapy with bupropion and the nicotine patch appears to produce the best long-term results.
- The nicotine patch your doctor has recommended will help make it easier to quit smoking or using smokeless tobacco.
quite a lot
quite often, or quite a large amount: khá nhiều
- We've noticed he's been swinging the ball away from the bat quite a lot all the time.
- I think we may well find ourselves walking out that way quite a lot in the months to come.
- The ground floor is a warren of rooms crammed with every kind of device you ever saw in an ironmonger's, and quite a lot more besides.
- People are quite shocked when they realise I'm a little old biddy with quite a lot of ill health, because I don't come over like that.
- And while the bar obviously has its quiet nights in the depths of winter, there is still quite a lot going on even then.
fairly good - khá tốt
- The included manual is fairly simple but quite good, with exploded diagrams in more languages than you can shake a stick at.
- But overall the car seems quite good and I think we are in good shape again for the race.
- Obviously, there is a bit of liberty between the subtitles and the dialogue in the dubbed track, but the dub is quite good.
- The audio, presented in its original mono, is quite good as well, with only a hint of residual hiss.
- Many of them were quite good at it, having made a living as Broadway hoofers before they went west.
fairly often - khá thường xuyên
- Political ideologies are quite often opportunistic with respect to institutional questions.
- It is not that this principle is wrong, but that the pursuit of it is most often being done to the detriment of others as we can see quite often.
- It is basically because the unmindful energy out in the world is very insidious, as is, quite often at any rate, our own personal unmindfulness.
- To many, violence has become an intrinsic part of their lives and quite often goes unquestioned and unchallenged.
- Social scientists, and anthropologists in particular, quite often make bold statements about the importance of sociality in human life.