Mang nghĩa"đặt áp lực lên cái gì/ai đó"
=To place an undue or overwhelming burden on someone's or something's resources or ability to cope.
- All this bad economic news puts a strain on everyone's nerves.
- The epidemic put a strain on the resources of the hospital.
- I know my brother's illness has really been putting a strain on our parents.
- The financial crisis placed a huge strain on the Department of Social Welfare in particular.
- The doctor advised me not to pick up any heavy luggage or not to put any strain on the hand.