Mang nghĩa"do vì, bởi vì"
=because of something/on account of
- owing to the drought, crops are short (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: vì hạn hán nên mùa màng thất bát)
- owing to the rain, the match was cancelled (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: do trời mưa, trận đấu đã bị hủy bỏ)
- Flights from Stansted Airport were cancelled owing to bad weather.
- Owing to the rising cost of fuel, more people are using public transport.
- Owing to bad weather I missed my flight owing to a traffic hold-up.
- He was off work owing to a back injury.
- Owing to staff shortages, there was no restaurant car on the train.
- The concert has been cancelled owing to lack of interest.
- The performance has been canceled owing to the strike.