Mang nghĩa"nếu có,có gì...,"
(diễn đạt một ý kiến ướm thử hoặc sau một lời nói phủ định để nói rằng cái ngược lại là đúng)
=used for saying how someone or something is different when you are not sure whether there really is any change or difference
- I'd say he was more like his father , if anything (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Tôi xin nói rằng ông ta đối với nó còn hơn cả một người cha, nếu có thể nói được như thế)
- He's not thin - if anything he's rather on the plump side (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Nó chẳng gầy đâu - có thể nó còn hơi béo nữa là khác)
- The situation is, if anything, worsening rather than improving.
- If anything, he looks younger and fitter than he did before.
- We need to assess what happened and what, if anything, we could have done to prevent it.
- The survey aims to find out what (if anything) religion means to people.
- Fidelity in translation has little, if anything, to do with literal meaning.
- I never had to clean up after him. If anything, he did most of the cleaning
- Her success hasn't caused tension - if anything, it's helped our marriage.
- If anything, you have to work even harder when your dad's the boss.
- I think I'm pretty honest about my emotions most of the time; if anything, I'm too frank about them.