1. Mang nghĩa"giáng một cú mạnh vào ..."
=to hit someone or something
2. Mang nghĩa"giáng đòn chí tử, giáng đòn mạnh vào...."
=If an event deals a blow to something or someone, it causes them great difficulties or makes failure more likely/to cause someone or something, usually a plan or hope, to fail or to be affected very badly
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- This scandal has dealt a blow to his plans to stand as chairman.
- This could deal a mortal blow to her credibility. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Điều này sẽ giáng một đòn chí tử đến uy tín của cô ấy)
- This is a strong blow to Pakistan. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Đây là một đòn đánh mạnh cho Pakistan)
- The summer drought has dealt a heavy blow to the government's economic record.
- The French were dealt another blow yesterday when he withdrew from the squad.
- He had psychotherapy to help him deal with his childhood traumas.
- The latest trade figures have dealt a severe blow to hopes of an early economic recovery.