Mang nghĩa"tốt/khó/tệ...hơn nữa"
=even better, harder etc than something else
- Dan found biology difficult, and physics harder still.
- But perhaps the early evening was better still?
- I thought that it would soon pass, and it did - for you to work harder still.
- I started to hunt for a cheap restaurant or, better still, a snack shop.
- Worse still, many people disobey the traffic regulations. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Tệ hơn nữa, nhiều người không chấp hành các luật lệ giao thông)
- Worse still, we could not start our motorbikes as the rain water had got into the engines. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Tệ hơn nữa, chúng tôi không nổ máy được vì nước mưa đã vào trong động cơ xe)
- Worse still, many buses are so crowded, especially in rush hours that many of passengers have to stand up all the way. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Tệ hơn nữa, nhiều xe buýt rất đông người, nhất là vào các giờ cao điểm, nên nhiều hành khách phải đứng suốt trên đường đi)
- And 245 specialty stock funds that focus on particular industries did better still, averaging a 6. 5 percent gain.
- He didn't talk because he was afraid of losing the pole or, worse still, falling in.
- Or better still, make a real talent show instead.
- Or better still, there was the village school practically next door!
- With hindsight, it would have better still to lock in a few more gains.