I. "bring up"là phrasal verb ngoại động từ
II. Cách dùng
1. Mang nghĩa"nuôi nấng, nuôi dạy"
=When someone brings up a child, they look after it until it is an adult/If someone has been brought up in a certain place or with certain attitudes, they grew up in that place or were taught those attitudes when they were growing up.
- She brought up three sons on her own.
- He was brought up by his grandmother.
- Our parents brought us up to believe in our own abilities.
- He was born and brought up in India.
- She has to bring up four children. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Cô ấy phải nuôi dưỡng 4 đứa trẻ)
- These kids have been brought up on a diet of junk food and endless television.
- She brought up four children.
- His grandmother and his father brought him up.
- He was brought up in North Yorkshire.
- We'd been brought up to think that borrowing money was bad.
- I was brought up a Methodist
2. Mang nghĩa"nêu lên vấn đề, đưa ra đề tài"
=If you bring up a particular subject, you introduce it into a discussion or conversation.
- Brown said the issue would be brought up again at the next climate convention.
- I hate to bring this up but you still owe me £50.
- We should not bring up embarrassing topics. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Chúng ta không nên đưa ra những đề tài gây lúng túng)
- He brought up a subject rarely raised during the course of this campaign.
- Why are you bringing it up now?
3. Mang nghĩa"bật cái gì đó lên"
=to cause something to appear on a screen