I. "take in"là phrasal verb ngoại động từ
II. Cách dùng
1. Mang nghĩa"bao gồm"
=to include something
- The book takes in the period between 1891 and Lenin’s death.
2. Mang nghĩa"mời vào nhà để ở, nhận nuôi
=to allow someone to stay in your house or your country refugees who were taken in during the war
- We decided to take in lodgers.
3. Mang nghĩa"hiểu"
=to understand and remember something that you hear or read
- I’m not sure how much of his explanation she took in.
4. Mang nghĩa"lừa phỉnh"
=to trick someone into believing something that is not true
5. Mang nghĩa"chấp nhận điều gì đó là sự thật"
=to accept something as real or true
- He still hasn’t really taken in his father’s death.
6. Mang nghĩa"dành thời gian để nhìn ngắm cái gì"
=to spend time looking at something
- We sat there taking in the scenery.