I. "stick to"là phrasal verb ngoại động từ
II. Cách dùng
1. Mang nghĩa"bám sát vào"
=If you stick to something or someone when you are travelling, you stay close to them.
2. Mang nghĩa"tiếp tục, khăng khăng làm gì"
=If you stick to something, you continue doing, using, saying, or talking about it, rather than changing to something else.
- Perhaps he should have stuck to writing.
- Lionel, you just tell the cops what you saw; stick to your story.
3. Mang nghĩa"giữ lời hứa, bám vào cái gì"
=If you stick to a promise, agreement, decision, or principle, you do what you said you would do, or do not change your mind.
- Immigrant support groups are waiting to see if he sticks to his word.
- She made it clear the government would stick to its policies despite union militancy.
- But one problem is that few people can stick to a diet for long.
- Once you make a rule, stick to it. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Một khi bạn đã đặt ra luật rồi thì hãy kiên trì bám giữ lấy nó)
4. Mang nghĩa"tuân thủ"
- Obviously we are disappointed but the committee could do nothing less than stick to the rules.
- Police must stick to the highest standards if they are to win back public confidence.