I. "pick out"là phrasal verb ngoại động từ
II. Cách dùng
1. Mang nghĩa"chọn ra từ cái gì"
=If you pick out someone or something, you choose them from a group of people or things/If you pick out someone or something, you recognize them when it is difficult to see them, for example because they are among a large group.
- I will pick out three new plays particularly.
- I have been picked out to represent the whole team.
- We will pick out smart teams for the final round. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Chúng tôi sẽ chọn ra những đội thông minh vào vòng chung kết)
- Which book did you pick out to send to Helen? (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Anh đã chọn quyển sách nào để gửi cho Helen?)
- There are so many great newscasters it's difficult to pick one out.
- The detective constable picked out the words with difficulty.
- Steven describes himself as 'a regular guy–you couldn't pick me out of a crowd'.
2. Mang nghĩa"nổi bật"
=If part of something is picked out in a particular colour, it is painted in that colour so that it can be seen clearly beside the other parts
- . The name is picked out in gold letters over the shop-front.