I. "pass on"vừa là phrasal verb ngoại động từ vừa là phrasal verb nội động từ
II. Cách dùng
1. Mang nghĩa"chuyển cái gì cho ai"
=If you pass something on to someone, you give it to them so that they have it instead of you.
- The Queen is passing the money on to a selection of her favourite charities.
- I will pass on your complaint straight away. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Tôi sẽ chuyển khiếu nại của ông ngay lập tức)
- Maybe you could pass on Tom's e - mail to me? (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Anh có thể cho tôi địa chỉ email của Tom không?)
2. Mang nghĩa"chuyển lợi nhuận, chi phí sang cho ai"
=If you pass on costs or savings to someone else, you make them pay for your costs or allow them to benefit from your savings.
- They pass on their cost of borrowing and add to it their profit margin.
- I found we could make some saving and it is right to pass the savings on to the customer.
3. Mang nghĩa"mất, chết"
=You can say that someone passed on to mean that they died, if you want to avoid using the word 'die' because you think it might upset or offend people.
- He passed on at the age of 72.