Mang nghĩa "tận dụng tối đa"
=to accept a bad or difficult situation without complaining and try to deal with it as well as you can/to make an unsatisfactory situation as pleasant as possible
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- You should make the best of your time. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Bạn nên tranh thủ thời gian chứ)
- Can you make the best of your way? (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Anh có thể đi thật nhanh được không?)
- I figured I'd better make the best of this opportunity. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Tôi nghĩ mình nên tận dụng tốt cơ hội này)
- I will make the best of it, for a while anyway. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Dù chỉ xuất hiện một chút, tôi vẫn muốn làm cho mình thật hấp dẫn)
- There was no one to help me, so I just had to make the best of it.
- Having missed his train, he decided to make the best of a bad job by having a leisurely meal.
- We'll have to spend the night here, so we might as well make the best of it.
- We'll just have to make the best of a bad situation.
- It was in her nature to make the best of whatever came along.
- He had to do the worst jobs, but he made the best of it.
- It was a matter of pooling our resources and making the best of it.