I. "cave in"là phrasal verb nội động từ
II. Cách dùng
1. cave in (on somebody/something)
Mang nghĩa"sụp xuống"
=(of a roof, wall, etc.) to fall down and towards the centre
- The ceiling suddenly caved in on top of them.
- We heard a huge bang and thought the whole house was going to cave in. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Chúng tôi nghe thấy một tiếng nổ rất lớn và nghĩ rằng toàn bộ căn nhà sẽ bị sụp xuống)
2. cave in (to something)
Mang nghĩa"phục tùng
=to finally do what somebody wants after you have been strongly opposing them
- The president is unlikely to cave in to demands for a public inquiry.
- Regarding her daily activities, Cinderella's time was primarily occupied with performing chores, and Cinderella's stepmother and stepsisters tried to make her cave in to their unreasonable demands