Mang nghĩa "làm thinh, phớt lờ...."
=to ignore someone when they complain or ask for something/to refuse to consider a request or an opinion and not pay any attention to it
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- In the past they've tended to turn a deaf ear to such requests.
- He turned a deaf ear to rumours. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Anh ấy đã phớt lờ những lời đồn)
- She turned a deaf ear to him. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Cô ấy đã ngoảnh mặt làm ngơ với anh ấy)
- The Mayor of Paris has long turned a deaf ear to Parisians who want tougher laws to protect the cleanliness of their pavements.
- He turned a deaf ear to the rumours.