Bên cạnh HƯỚNG DẪN TỪNG BƯỚC CÁCH LÀM BÀI TẬP MẪU IELTS READING DẠNG FILL IN THE GAP, IELTS TUTOR cung cấp Giải thích idiom "chance one's arm/try/chance your luck (at something)" tiếng anh
Mang nghĩa "thử xem có thành công hay không"
=to try something that may not be successful/to try to achieve something although you know you might not succeed
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- William was a gambler, ready to try his luck at anything.
- After the war my father went to Canada to try his luck at farming there.
- And if Mr. Birt does find himself out of a job, he could always try his luck as a timeshare salesman.
- But the next time Berger tried his luck, it produced a spectacular dividend.
- Why not try your luck and help others at the same time?
- Moments later Pauleta tried his luck with a fizzing 30-yarder, but Shay Given got a hand to it.
- Without a pub to be seen for miles we decided to try our luck in the bar of the hilton.
- He squatted down with a stick to try his luck.
- Akinbiyi was next up to try his luck after 25 minutes, following a great break from the left touchline.
- Well, I strongly recommend that you try your luck on any wide verges close to towns.
- He'd always wanted to act and in 1959 came to London to try his luck on the stage.
Các khóa học IELTS online 1 kèm 1 - 100% cam kết đạt target 6.0 - 7.0 - 8.0 - Đảm bảo đầu ra - Thi không đạt, học lại FREE
>> IELTS Intensive Writing - Sửa bài chi tiết