1. Mang nghĩa"có bằng chứng để chống lại ai đó"
=If someone has something on you, they have evidence that you have done something wrong or bad. If they have nothing on you, they cannot prove that you have done anything wrong or bad/to know secret or damaging information about someone
- Go to the police, for all I care! You don't have anything on me!
- If we want to nail him for fraud, we'll need to have more on him than a few questionable phone calls.
- Secret services now had something on her if they needed it.
- You've got nothing on me and you know it. Your theory would never stand up in a court of law.
- She threatened to go to the newspapers, but she hasn’t got anything on me.
2. Mang nghĩa"có lợi thế hơn ai đó"
=To have a particular advantage over one.
3. Mang nghĩa"sở hữu, có cái gì đó trong tay"
=To currently be in possession of something.