Mang nghĩa "tổ chức bữa tiệc"
=to have a party
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- Flavio threw a party for Colin's 50th birthday.
- I don't have the time to throw her a party, sadly.
- He loves throwing a good party.
- Let's throw a party for them this Saturday night. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Chúng ta hãy tổ chức một bữa tiệc đãi họ vào đêm thứ bảy này)
- I intend to throw a party to welcome my guests. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Tôi định tổ chức một bữa tiệc để chào đón khách)
- They decided to throw a party for their 10th anniversary. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Họ quyết định tổ chức buổi tiệc cho kỷ niệm ngày cưới lần thứ 10 của họ)
- When she turned 10, we threw her a big party and invited all her friends.
- Do you want to help me throw a retirement party for Margery?
- We're throwing a surprise party for Kevin, so don't tell him.
- One evening, after the hospital was closed, the nurses threw a party.
- Earlier this year they threw a party and got their mates round to sample the goods.
- She threw parties and invited gossip columnists.
- As Bruce Willis discovered the night he threw a party and the police turned up.
- The staff and patients threw a going-away party for Dr Rogers.
- The Krugers threw an impromptu cocktail party for him in the backyard.
- They threw a party for me in the Tiger Hotel in uptown Columbia.
- Traditionally for some, that means throwing a party on the Feast of Candelaria, Feb. 2.
- Can we throw a party or what?
- The German club is throwing a party this Friday night.
- He threw a huge party to celebrate making his first million dollars.
- AT&T is going to throw a party to end all parties at Uniforum next month.