Bên cạnh hướng dẫn em cách phân tích đề thi cùng đính kèm bài sửa bài viết của học sinh IELTS TUTOR đi thi hôm đấy và mới nhận kết quả thi 5.5 nhé, IELTS TUTOR tổng hợp thêm Collocation với từ "chance"
I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Collocation với từ "chance"
1. adj + chance
excellent, good, high, strong, fair, realistic, reasonable, little, the merest, million-to-one, minimal, outside, slender, slim, slight, fifty-fifty, one-in-three, 10, 20, etc. per cent, survival, election, electoral, fair, good, great, ideal, wonderful, big, once-in-a-lifetime, last, second, educational, life + chance
- There's a fair chance that nobody will come to the talk.
- There was only a million-to-one chance of it happening.
- As long as there is an outside chance, we will go for it.
- They have a 90 per cent chance of success.
- What are his survival chances?
- She has a good chance /no chance /not much chance /only a slim chance of winning (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: cô ta có nhiều khả năng/không có khả năng nào/không có nhiều khả năng lắm/chỉ có một khả năng mong manh để thắng)
- She played left-handed to give her opponent a fair chance.
- This is the ideal chance for him to show his ability.
- This is your big chance?grab it with both hands.
- The teacher gave her one last chance to prove she could behave.
- There are no second chances in this business.
- The new college is intended to improve the life chances of children in the inner city.
2. verb + chance
give sb, be in with, have, stand, assess, rate, fancy, boost, enhance, improve, increase, maximize, compromise, jeopardize, lessen, minimize, prejudice, reduce, ruin, spoil, get, have, deserve, welcome, give sb, offer (sb), provide (sb with), deny sb, wait for, create, spot, grab, grasp, jump at, seize, take, blow, miss, pass up, squander, throw away, turn down, waste + chance
- The doctors gave him (= said that he had ) little chance of surviving the night.
- After a poor start, they are now in with a chance of winning the league.
- He doesn't stand a chance of winning against such an experienced player.
- How do you rate our chances of finding her?
- I don't fancy our chances of getting there on time.
- I finally had the chance to meet my hero.
- He deserves the chance to give his side of the story.
- I would welcome the chance to give my opinion.
- No child should be denied the chance of growing up in a family.
- The team created several clear chances but failed to score.
- She spotted her chance of making a quick profit.
- Travis had left the door open?she seized her chance and was through it like a shot.
- Take every chance that comes your way.
- They blew their chance to go second in the league.
- I wouldn't pass up the chance of working for them.
3. chance + verb
chance arise, come up, come your way
- When the chance came up to go to Paris, she jumped at it.
4. cụm từ
- by any chance
- chance of
- fat chance (informal)
- have every chance
- no chance
- given the chance
- half a chance
- let a chance slip (by)
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- Are you by any chance Mr Ludd?
- The missing climber's chances of survival are slim.
- Fat chance (= there is no chance) of him helping you!
- She has every chance of passing the exam if she works hard.
- It was (pure ) chance that we met in Paris (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: chúng tôi gặp nhau ở Pari là điều hoàn toàn ngẫu nhiên)
- Will he lend us his car?’ ‘No chance!’
- Given the chance, I'd stop work tomorrow.
- The dog always runs off when it gets half a chance.
- If she let this chance slip, she would regret it for the rest of her life.