Bên cạnh hướng dẫn em cách phân tích đề thi cùng đính kèm bài sửa bài viết của học sinh IELTS TUTOR đi thi hôm đấy và mới nhận kết quả thi 5.5 nhé, IELTS TUTOR tổng hợp thêm Collocation với từ "increase"
I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Collocation với từ "increase"
1. Dùng"increase" như noun
1.1. adj + increase
big, considerable, dramatic, enormous, exponential, huge, large, major, marked, massive, significant, substantial, vast, moderate, modest, small, apparent, rapid, sharp, gradual, steady, fivefold, tenfold...10%...overall, annual, monthly, dividend, fare, pay, price, rent, salary, tax, temperature, wage + increase
- The pay rise represented an across-the-board increase of between 9% for the highest paid and 32% for the lowest paid worker.
1.2. verb + increase
experience, see, show, enjoy, achieve, bring (about), cause, lead to, result in, reflect, represent, entail, involve, mean, announce, report + increase
- Many parts of the country have experienced an increase in unemployment.
- This year saw an increase in the number of job applicants.
- Profits show a steady increase.
- The country is enjoying the biggest increase in business confidence for years.
- We achieved a small increase in profits of £3,257.
- Intensive farming has brought about an increase in outbreaks of food poisoning. >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Cách dùng từ"way"tiếng anh
- The war resulted in a massive increase in government spending.
- The measures to improve the health service will involve an increase in government spending.
- The company reported a 9.5% increase in third quarter losses.
1.3. giới từ + increase
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- on the ~
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Burglaries in the area are on the increase.
- ~ in
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: There has been an increase in demand for two-bedroom flats.
- ~ on/over
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The figures show a sharp increase on last year's turnover.
- ~ to
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: a dividend increase to 11.4 pence
2. Dùng"increase" như verb
2.1. increase + adv
increase + considerably, dramatically, enormously, greatly, significantly, substantially, slightly, gradually, rapidly, sharply, steeply, steadily, twofold, threefold, etc.
- Sales increased almost fourfold in this period.
be expected to, be likely to + increase
- Demand is expected to increase over the next decade.
increase + prep
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The budget has increased by more than a third in the last year.
- from, in
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Last month the reward was increased from £20,000 to £40,000.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Disability increases with age.