Tất tần tật" Collocation bắt đầu với U nên học trong tiếng anh
Tất tần tật" Collocation bắt đầu với U nên học trong tiếng anh
Hôm nay, IELTS TUTOR sẽ chia sẻ thêm về các collocation bắt đầu bằng chữ U nên học trong tiếng anh cho các bạn nha.
the hidden reason or purpose behind an action - lí do đằng sau
- Is he really behind Jill and her dream to fulfill her dead husband's destiny, or is there an ulterior motive behind his caring compassion?
- All this doesn't necessarily mean there's no ulterior motive behind the Corning action.
- He said that they made him feel welcome and he had an ulterior motive in inveigling himself into their company.
- Town mayor Councillor Martin Leathley said there was no ulterior motive behind the change of job title.
- Was there some ulterior motive behind his innocent smile that was tinted from within?
final objective or goal - mục tiêu cuối cùng
- Promoting sensual pleasure, selfish interest, consumerism and individualism should not be the ultimate goal.
- So my ultimate goal of acquiring enough knowledge to conquer the stock market isn't a product of megalomania?
- The ultimate goal is to articulate, provisionally, a new theoretical and historical contextualization of early modern prosody.
- The ultimate goal is to have all the sections on private land protected by easements sold to the CTA by landowners.
- The principal and ultimate goal of command and control is to ensure the fulfillment of set tasks under any circumstances.
a future that's likely to be worse than the present - tương lai không chắc chắn
- As the close season draws to an end many hundreds of professional footballers face an uncertain future.
- They were released on bail following a public outcry but still faced an uncertain future.
- Tahixha thought she heard bells ringing distantly, magical, ethereal chimes whispering of an uncertain future.
- The fading grandeur of its shops and its Victorian public buildings stands testimony to a golden past but a very uncertain future.
- The football club may still have an uncertain future, but fans were on cloud nine after a 3-1 win
love that isn't based on conditions or requirements - tình yêu không điều kiện
- This kind of effort requires such an outpouring of unconditional love that it is exhausting and totally draining.
- We profess that people of any age are included in God's unconditional love and redemptive grace.
- She was on her way to total freedom, unconditional love, and God was going to be with her every bit of the way.
- Her intentions have since then become clear and her unconditional love of the children is obvious.
- Because despite what they can think of us at times, we have an unconditional love that will never be broken.
to have a surgical procedure or operation - thực hiện phẫu thuật
- We did this several years ago in a clinical study, in patients who had aneurysms who were scheduled to undergo surgery.
- Warming people up before they undergo surgery seems to reduce their risk of wound infection.
- He's begun hormone treatment, has adopted a female name, and hopes to undergo surgery within the next two years.
- He claims that with his new drug developed from traditional medicinal herbs, one need not undergo surgery.
- When he was 45, he had to undergo surgery for five bypasses.
to have treatment for a medical condition - thực hiện các phương pháp điều trị
- These steps include not donating blood, tissue or organs, and ensuring they tell their doctors and dentists if they undergo treatment in future.
- The youngster had to undergo treatment which included radiotherapy and chemotherapy.
- Last year I underwent treatment for skin cancer.
- What treatments have you undergone for your acne?
a regular payment from the government to help someone who can't find a job - lợi ích thất nghiệp
- Four months later 10 million came out on a one-day general strike against plans to cut unemployment benefit rights and 2 million demonstrated.
- Some claimants for unemployment benefit will only receive a reduced rate of payment due to changes announced in the Budget.
- Born in Belfast, he left school at 15, subsisting on unemployment benefit after service in the British army.
- Putting up the minimum wage and increasing unemployment benefit are not the way ahead.
- The number of people claiming unemployment benefit in July dropped to 1,981 compared to 2,021 in June.
an advantage that isn't fair or hasn't been earned - lợi ích không công bằng
- Bishop said that this bars any team with just one standout pitcher from garnering an unfair advantage over other clubs in the league.
- All watches are synchronised to ensure all games start at the same time to ensure nobody has an unfair advantage.
- Women have this naturally in their blood so how do you prove that the levels are unnatural and giving the athlete an unfair advantage.
- According to one story, they took unfair advantage by attacking when a parley was in progress.
- If buying your child an unfair advantage in life isn't social engineering, I don't know what is.
much wealthier than other people in the same position or with the same job - giàu hơn người cùng vị trí, sự giàu có bất bình thường
- Politicians who become unusually wealthy are almost always corrupt.
- I didn't say he'd stolen government money. I just said he's unusually wealthy.
- And you achieved unusual wealth chiefly by the powers and strategies of your character.
the highest level or amount allowed - giới hạn/ số lượng vượt quá mức cho phép
- This implies that the acyl chains are more isotropically distributed and that the estimate of S is an upper limit.
- This high degree of twist, although common in ophiacodontids, represents the upper limit recorded for pelycosaurs.
- There will be some upper limit on the complexity of the knots constructible with this many atoms.
- The patient who was negative for the test and positive for the gold standard had a troponin T concentration just above the upper limit of normal.
- Again, branched catenoids can exist only if an upper limit for the distance of neighbouring nets is not exceeded.
the building or development of towns and cities - sự phát triển thành thị
- A structural urban development plan for the capital divides the city into five areas that will function as pillars for the development work.
- I have never understood why the idea of a bunch of union thugs standing in the way of urban development is called a green ban.
- The squatters settled in the flat part of the ravine, on top of the cemetery, but did not build a good city in terms of urban development.
- Do we need to create, for instance a buffer zone between the National Park area and the urban development?
- The growth in population is part of the city council's urban development strategy.
the renewal of poor parts of a city by improving services and attracting investment - nâng cấp thành thị thông qua cung cấp dịch vụ hoặc thu hút đầu tư
- Some of the cities have embarked on programmes of urban renewal, with varying degrees of success.
- The Councillor called on the Government to make urban renewal more attractive for developers.
- It was devoted explicitly to urban renewal in this notorious slum region of the city.
- A citizen's movement has sprung up in Leipzig to protest against the city's strategy for urban renewal.
- But the minister rejected these claims and said this latest funding is part of a six-year programme of urban renewal investment.
the poorly-regulated spread of urban development into the countryside near a city - sự mở rộng thành thị
- Due to the geographical limitations of the sea on one side and mountains on the other, the urban sprawl is confined to one area.
- It may be appropriate at this point to emphasise that uncaptured betterment tends to contribute to urban sprawl in three ways.
- Nearly all the reclaimed land made available by the construction of the Aswan Dam has been eaten up by insatiable urban sprawl.
- Trading urban sprawl for expansive green fields and terraces for neighbourless living surely suggests a burning desire for a change of pace.
- Loss of rural farm and forestlands in the face of urban sprawl is a growing concern in the United States.
a car that's already been owned by someone - xe đã qua sử dụng
- The factory, which relines used car tyres, is situated in Boralasgamuwa, a suburb of Colombo.
- Now he is focusing his attention on creating used car superstores with the same clientele.
- The law says your used car must be of satisfactory quality, as described and reasonably fit for its purpose.
- Through the twilit streets of Arlington, past used car lots and restaurants, she tracked the tail lights of his car.
- So ask your mechanic to inspect the car as if you were going to be buying it now, as a used car.
completely ridiculous or unreasonable - hoàn toàn lố bịch/ không hợp lí
- Despite the fact that no one was watching I have never felt so utterly ridiculous in my whole life.
- It was silly and vain, self-referentially clever and quite utterly ridiculous.
- Cheerleading, which I thought utterly ridiculous, was in her interpretation very sexy.
- For people to go out and say my agent made a mistake is utterly ridiculous and insane.
- This practice is so utterly ridiculous to any body but lawyers, that men not versant with courts of justice will not believe it.