"Tất tần tật" Collocation bắt đầu với O nên học trong tiếng anh
"Tất tần tật" Collocation bắt đầu với O nên học trong tiếng anh
Hôm nay, IELTS TUTOR sẽ chia sẻ thêm về các collocation bắt đầu bằng chữ O nên học trong tiếng anh cho các bạn nha.
obey an order
to do what someone orders or commands you to do - nghe theo mệnh lệnh
- Peaceful will be executed by a firing squad for cowardice because he refused to obey an order that sent the rest of his unit to their deaths.
- No soldier is obliged to obey an order contrary to the law of God.
- Men, women and children are tear-gassed and sprayed with capisicum spray when they refuse to obey orders.
- At the end of 1918 when she was ordered to sea her crew mutinied, joining the rest of the German Fleet in refusing to obey orders.
- Being disruptive, refusing to obey orders, and engaging in acts of self-mutilation and attempted suicide can all result in punitive action.
a danger that people doing a particular job face - nguy hiểm nghề nghiệp
- Yes, political prognostication and economic forecasting share the same occupational hazard of over-extrapolating from a few months of data.
- One has to say that alcoholism, or heavy drinking, is an occupational hazard of politicians.
- For many people, however, prolonged sun exposure isn't a choice but an occupational hazard or side effect of outdoor activities.
- The practice is so commonplace that Arthur almost accepts it as an occupational hazard.
- Health care workers are at a high risk of acquiring HAV infection as an occupational hazard.
any whole number that can't be exactly divided by two, such as 1, 3, 5, 7, etc. - số lẻ
- Hey, as a bisexual would I have to follow only the odd number points on the Homosexual Agenda or the even ones?
- Family gather to share the oplatek, a thin white wafer sometimes called angel bread, followed by an odd number of meatless dishes.
- The tables were meant for two people at each but because of the odd number of students in my class, I was left single.
- Because of the odd number of marginals, a single narrow marginal remains unpaired.
- Lucky for me, we had an odd number of students in that class, and she always volunteered me to share with her.
socks that don't match - vớ không khớp
- The pace of events has slowed down and we take time for personal maintenance, like washing odd socks.
- I've heard of sock heaven for odd socks, but there must be a bookmark heaven for missing bookmarks as I've lost heaps over the years.
- Your muddled brain, full of paperclips and odd socks and dirty cotton wool buds simply cannot function.
- Ever wondered if all those forgotten passwords end up in the same place as those missing odd socks?
- Have you ever wondered as to the whereabouts of the mate to those odd socks you find in the dryer or your sock drawer?
offer a job
to tell someone they can have a job if they want it - đề xuất công việc
- Even if you were offered a job, not many people can afford to uproot their family to move.
- When he displays his handiness with a temperamental car, he is offered a job on the spot.
- After a period of time, he was offered a job as a house painter.
- He had been offered a job locally and said he wanted to pay us back.
- So sporty and presentable was Kumin that at age 18, she was offered a job as a swimmer in a touring production of Billy Rose's Aquacade.
offer an explanation
to explain why something was done - giải thích
- As harrowing as this discovery was, Byrne took some comfort in it since it offered an explanation for Alice's mental problems.
- In the course of the 1980s, the recognition of nicotine addiction offered an explanation of the difficulty experienced by some in breaking the smoking habit.
- The fact that the final report failed to offer an explanation is one of the infuriating holes in an otherwise praiseworthy accounting.
- We examine the issue of take-up and offer an explanation for the mismatch between positive program intent and partial program use.
- Don't think you have to offer an explanation for every turndown, either.
to convey sympathy to the family or friends of someone who's died - bày tỏ sự cảm thông khi ai trong gia đình qua đời
- You do a little damage control, point out it's an isolated incident and offer condolences to the victim.
- He offered condolences to all who had been bereaved and thanked all who had helped out in any way during the year.
- We offer our condolences to you and your family on your tragic loss.
- Everyone at work offered their condolences after my father died.
offer your services
to offer your time and skills to help a person or an organization - cung cấp dịch vụ
- To be competitive in the 1990s, airlines must offer services across several continents.
- We offer services to identify agents and arrange appointments for business development delegations.
- The office will offer services to publicly quoted Irish companies which are conducting investor roadshows in the English capital.
- I am due to retire next year and will be able to offer my services to the many groups that are in need of volunteers.
- In the end I decided I had no choice but to leave the training school and offer my services as a spy to another group.
a large building that houses many offices - tòa nhà văn phòng
- He had directorial responsibility for three major new Bank of England buildings, including the New Change office block at the top of Cheapside.
- You're probably thinking it's just some small office block on the outer edges of the city, or some dingy milk bar down south, but you're wrong.
- The prestige city centre office block has been shrouded in scaffolding and green netting for more than a year as the two huge firms did battle.
- The claim of the insured included an additional claim to underpin an adjacent office block, which was not part of the insured property.
- On one wall is a typical American fridge, the size of a small office block.
hours when an office is open for business - giờ hành chính
- The government disallows chewing during office hours and in the military, but has no plans to ban it.
- There is a telephone helpline during office hours for young people, parents and professionals.
- Try calling a potential sponsor before office hours in the morning or after office hours in the evening.
- I typed out a note to all the staff about the meeting and that it would take place the next day before office hours at 6 am.
- For emergencies after office hours, a chaplain is on call 24 hours a day and can be paged by a staff member.
a job that's done at a desk in an office - công việc văn phòng
- My father didn't make enough money at his office job so he had to take on a bunch of odd ones throughout the rest of the day.
- Parataxonomy is not an office job, as Rob Roughley, the burly Canadian coleopterist once pointed out.
- Everyone seems to just want an office job, something nice and easy nowadays.
- As difficult as the artist's life is, and as infrequent as the pay checks can sometimes be, I'll take it over the office job any day.
- Phil's workplace is enough to make any wage-slave stuck in a nine-to-five office job green with envy.
the time in life after middle age - sau tuổi trung niên/ tuổi giá
- Most plantations are now mature and many will be felled or will deteriorate due to old age during the next decade.
- I thought about my parents, now in their early seventies, still hale but voyaging steadily into old age.
- The steam locomotive evokes nostalgic memories of a bygone era with its glory and old age charm.
- That at the ripe old age of a quarter-century the play still crackles with cachinnation is a hopeful sign.
- Money purchase or defined contribution plans shift the risk of providing for old age on to the employees.
a friend you've known for a very long time - bạn cũ
- First up is my old friend Stuey who, despite being a bit of a short-arse, has found a young lady who tolerates his many faults.
- Spending a night in the library of an old friend and scholar of the black arts, the narrator becomes curious about the object in question.
- The son returns to be by his father's bedside, and finds that the old man has still a lot of pluck that he displays when his old friend turn up.
- This week marks the return of an old friend, who comes to us now at the turn of the tide.
- I got an e-mail the other day from an old friend, one of those blasts from the past that take you back in time.
a very short time ago - thời gian ngắn trước đây
- The train's only just arrived, so people are still getting off.
- She's still not sure if she likes her job or not. She's only just started it.
by a very small amount - lượng nhỏ
- Susan only just passed her exam.
- I can afford the apartment, but only just. It's quite expensive.
open an account
to start an account with a bank, credit union, building society, supplier of goods, etc. - mở tài khoản
- Be particularly vigilant when you open an account, as it is possible for clerical errors to creep in when details are input.
- So it's no wonder they like to offer plenty of freebies to entice you to open an account just as you go off to university as a fresher.
- They can have the money wired to their bank account, they can open an account with a specified bank, or they can pick up their winnings personally.
- They did say that they would not open an account for someone who is an undischarged bankrupt so I suppose it depends on your situation at the time.
open an investigation
to begin an investigation into something - mở cuộc điều tra
- Spanish police have opened an investigation because 14 is the legal age to use firearms.
- After the bankruptcy of Mt. Gox, the Japanese police opened an investigation into this case.
- The National Assembly's Commission of Justice has also opened an investigation.
- Al-Arish prosecution opened an investigation to examine the case of 59 year old Magdy Lamay Habib, a Copt whose body was found decapitated on Thursday morning.
the time during which a club, park, library, shop, gallery, etc. is open - giờ mở cửa
- Staff are demoralised, not least because local councils have eroded library opening hours and consequently cut shift allowances.
- People can go along to buy the waistcoats any time during normal shop opening hours.
- Book everything by phone and call shops to check opening hours, or how to get there.
- Food rationing has been introduced and the opening hours of food shops limited.
- And it has proved so popular the centre has now expanded its opening hours to include Saturday mornings.
special features a product can have if you pay extra for them - phí tự chọn
- A Cameroonian, he says respect for others and a love of life are not considered optional extras, they are the very basics by which he exists.
- The cabin is spacious, and the test vehicle came with leather trim and electrically operated front seats as optional extras.
- The more the optional extras are piled on, the more burdensome the proceedings may become.
- These are pick-and-mix offerings that provide a basic package with optional extras charged at premium prices.
- They can then add optional extras and accessories to their car.
farming without using artificial chemicals - trang trại hữu cơ
- Pesticides that are approved for organic farming include copper, sulfur, petroleum distillates, and pyrethrum.
- For precision organic farming to work, we need to keep our farmers productive and unharmed.
- Subsidies could be tailored, for example, to encourage more small local abattoirs and food shops or to incentivise organic farming.
- The co-op encourages farmers interested in organic farming to talk to producers who have already made the transition.
- The report noted a continuing general lack of knowledge of exactly what is involved in organic farming and food production.
the general effect, or overall result, of something - hiệu quả chung
- Not an extremely elaborate costume perhaps, but the time, thought and effort was clear to see and the overall effect impressed me no end.
- The overall effect aspired to evoke the atmosphere of a Cambridge college, with some degree of success.
- The overall effect of these works is that Tippett was a symphonist of great technical skill and expressive ability.
- He said the overall effect of the expansion will be to build around much of the existing school facilities.
- But although his performance is excellent, the overall effect is curiously sad.
owe an apology
If you think you owe somebody an apology, you think you should say sorry to them - nợ lời xin lỗi
- I don't feel I owe an apology to anyone.
- I told him that I owed no apology.
- They are owed an apology.
- We owe these people an apology for what we did to them. It was wrong.
- My son was arrested for no reason, so we think the police owe him an apology.
owe an explanation
If you think someone owes you an explanation, you think they should explain why they did something that badly affected you - nợ lời giải thích
- Don't you think you owe us an explanation for what you did?
- We think the company owes us a better explanation than "it was an error" for overcharging us!
- At the same time I felt I was owed an explanation.
- In light of this, do you feel you owe the world an apology?
- You owe him an apology for misjudging him and suspecting his motives at every turn.