Mang nghĩa"cho cái gì là đương nhiên"
=to believe something to be the truth without even thinking about it/to never think about something because you believe it will always be available or stay exactly the same
- I didn't realize that Melanie hadn't been to college - I suppose I just took it for granted.
- I suppose I just took it for granted that they were married.
- You just take it for granted that people over a certain age can drive.
- We take our parents for granted. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Chúng ta mong đợi cha mẹ mình sẽ luôn ở đó khi chúng ta cần họ nhưng chúng ta không bao giờ biết ơn họ)
- We can't take these things for granted. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Chúng ta không thể cho những chuyện này là hiển nhiên được)
- I guess we all took it for granted that water would always be freely available.
- I think he took it for granted that he'd be re-elected and it came as a shock when he lost.
- I took it for granted that I would find the perfect job. It’s easy to take your parents for granted.