Bên cạnh Hướng dẫn đề thi IELTS 21/11/2020 bài WRITING TASK 1 (map) về school library (kèm bài sửa cho HS đi thi), IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Cách dùng "get up (one's) nerve (to do something)""get up the nerve" "get on sb's nerves" tiếng anhCách dùng "get up (one's) nerve (to do something)""get up the nerve" "get on sb's nerves" tiếng anh
I. Cách dùng "get up (the/one's) nerve (to do something)"
Mang nghĩa"thu hết can đảm"
=to have courage/To muster or draw upon one's courage or resolve to do something.
- I wanted to ask Mary Sue to the prom, but I never got up the nerve.
- I hope Jonathan finally gets up his nerve to ask his boss for a raise.
- I can't get up the nerve to ask her for a date. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Tôi không thể thu được hết can đảm để rủ cô ấy đi chơi)
- "If he can get up the nerve to ask her out on a date, I’m sure she’ll say ‘yes.’”
II. Cách dùng"get on sb's nerves"
Mang nghĩa"chọc tức ai đó"
=to bother or irritate them/if someone or something gets on your nerves, they make you feel annoyed or nervous
- “He talks too much and gets on my nerves,”
- “Doesn’t it get on your nerves when she ignores you ?
- Stop whining. You’re getting on my nerves.
- A group of flies 'constant humming is really beginning to get on my nerves. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Tiếng vo ve không ngớt của một đám ruồi đang thực sự bắt đầu chọc tức tôi)
- His constant humming is really beginning to get on my nerves.
- Lately he's not done a bloody thing and it's getting on my nerves.