Bên cạnh Hướng dẫn đề thi IELTS 21/11/2020 bài WRITING TASK 1 (map) về school library (kèm bài sửa cho HS đi thi), IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Cách dùng danh từ"hindsight"& cụm"with the benefit of hindsight/experience" tiếng anh
I. Cách dùng danh từ"hindsight"
1. "hindsight" là danh từ không đếm được
2. Mang nghĩa"sự nhận thức muộn (sau khi việc đã xảy ra mới nhìn ra vấn đề), hối hận muộn màng, nhận ra thì sự đã rồi"
=the ability to understand, after something has happened, why or how it was done and how it might have been done better
- They are ideas that, in hindsight, often seem hair-brained.
- With (the benefit/wisdom of) hindsight, I should have taken the job.
- In hindsight, it would have been better to wait.
- With hindsight, we'd all do things differently.
- Even with the benefit of hindsight, I doubt I would change anything if I had my time again.
- With the benefit of hindsight, it's easy to say it was the wrong decision. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Với lợi ích của sự nhận thức muộn, thật dễ dàng để nói rằng đó là một quyết định sai lầm)
- We failed, and with hindsight I now see where we went wrong. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Chúng tôi thất bại nhưng nhận thức ra được nên bây giờ tôi mới thấy chúng tôi đã sai lầm chỗ nào)
- With the benefit of hindsight, it’s easy to say it was the wrong decision.
II. Cách dùng cụm"with the benefit of hindsight/experience"
=used to say it is easier to know the right thing to do after something has happened or if you have a lot of experience
- He admitted that, with the benefit of hindsight, the original launch had not been large enough.
- But let's not get too smart-aleck with the benefit of hindsight.
- Neither player took it seriously but, with the benefit of hindsight, both admitted that the offer was probably serious.
- If I should wander into the uncharted minefield of personal opinion it is only with the benefit of hindsight.
- Hugh Young, fund manager, admitted that with the benefit of hindsight the original launch was not large enough.