1. Mang nghĩa"cắt giảm"
=If you cut down on something or cut down something, you use or do less of it/to reduce an amount of something
- He cut down on coffee and ate a balanced diet.
- Car owners were asked to cut down travel.
- If you spend more than your income, can you try to cut down?
- How can you cut down the risk of cancer?
- You should cut down on inessential spending. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Anh nên cắt giảm các chi phí không cần thiết)
- These improvements will cut down on traffic noise.
- The doctor advised him to cut down his working hours.
- I’m trying to cut down on salt.
2. Mang nghĩa"đốn cây, chặt cây"
=If you cut down a tree, you cut through its trunk so that it falls to the ground.
- A vandal with a chainsaw cut down a tree.