1. Mang nghĩa"Thực ra, sự thực là"
=used to add something more to what you have just said/actually
- The shoes are still stylish, and as a matter of fact , I'm wearing a pair right now.
- "Are you new around here?" "As a matter of fact, I’ve lived here for ten years."
- I haven’t been here long. As a matter of fact, I just got off the plane yesterday.
- As a matter of fact, the event took place as expected. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Quả nhiên sự việc đã xảy ra như dự đoán)
- As a matter of fact, I had to work in your grandfather's store. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Thực tế là mẹ phải làm việc trong cửa hàng của ông ngoại con)
2. Mang nghĩa"Dùng để phản lại ý người khác nói trước đó"
=used to say that you do not agree with what someone has just said or that the opposite of what they say is true/used when you are going to disagree with or correct what has just been said
- We're not losing population in our town. As a matter of fact, people are moving in.
- ‘Was he in a bad mood?’ ‘No, as a matter of fact, he seemed quite cheerful.’