Hôm nay, IELTS TUTOR sẽ chia sẻ thêm về các từ vựng Academic bắt đầu bằng chữ W nên học trong tiếng anh cho các bạn. Bên cạnh đó, các bạn có thể xem thêm "TẤT TẦN TẬT" IDIOMS THÀNH NGỮ THƯỜNG GẶP NHẤT BẮT ĐẦU BẰNG V TRONG TIẾNG ANH (Ứng dụng IELTS SPEAKING)
Refrain from insisting on a right or claim - từ bỏ, khước từ
- And no doubt Intel could easily afford to waive royalties altogether with all its customers.
- But they must agree to waive future rights to compensation for policies that were missold to them.
- The question is, did this man voluntarily waive his rights and give that kind of a statement?
- Some airlines will also waive fees if a servicemember can present a copy of military orders or a letter from a commander.
- The president already has the power to waive environmental rules for national security.
A written guarantee promising to repair or replace a purchased article - bảo đảm, bảo hành
- In accordance with the terms of this limited warranty, the company, at its expense shall repair or replace the product which is proven defective.
- The insulation can be sprayed in wet or blown in dry, is fire resistant, and comes with a lifetime warranty.
- There's no fluid to leak and the units come with a 10-year warranty on the drums, lifetime on the drive belts.
- Right off the internet, you can buy extended warranty used car coverage that is generally bumper-to-bumper and lasts several years.
- But recently while shopping at BestBuy, I purchased a washer and dryer and actually sprang for their extra warranty.
Cautious - thận trọng, cảnh giác
- Professionals like to play against amateurs, but are wary of facing too many at once.
- While he was fond of the theatre, he was wary of music as bordering on the sissyish.
- Aglibot says that bodybuilders may want to be wary of a type of sushi called toro.
- Although the Giant Schnauzer has a happy nature, this dog is devoted and loyal and may be wary of strangers.
- He seemed a little bit wary of the three-ring circus he had unknowingly walked into.
Causing weariness - mệt nhọc, chán
- The producers also found it necessary to insert that wearisome kidvid standby, the cute animal mascot, to amuse the toddlers.
- After a long and wearisome trial he was condemned on June 22, 1633, solemnly to abjure his scientific creed on bended knees.
- How can the government expect these girls to change when they are taught to live a tedious and wearisome life?
- At the end of a wearisome session the temptation was to accept what he had to say simply to escape.
- Our national character might also find the ever-smiling country club environment wearisome.
Tired, tiring - chán ngắt, mệt mỏi
- Weary and footsore, they trundled slowly out of the forest, the horses stumbling slightly despite the bright sunlight filtering in overhead.
- Weary but compliant men and women slaked their thirst by taking slugs of water from plastic bottles.
- Weary as Kate may be of the unrelenting focus on her womb, the fuss is entirely predictable in a hereditary monarchy.
- Orafai gives the most fully rounded of the film's performances, displaying a weary dignity and grace under pressure that is moving.
- It is the familiar tale of a weary professional challenged by a cocky upstart determined to prove himself as top gun.
Strange, bizarre - lạ, khó thường
- Weird bits of trivia detailing how much stuff we've lost and how weird some of it is, seem to have become perennial news items.
- Weird is not necessarily bad, especially when a wine is a melange of grape varietals.
- Weird warlocks and witches are dancing to the sound of the bagpipes, played by Old Nick, the devil.
- Weird images with psycho colours or strangely reversed black and white tones are the hallmarks of using this type of film.
- Weird behaviour ranged from falling asleep, asking for a cigarette and keeping a crash helmet on.
Entirely, fully - toàn bộ
- The said proposal was wholly contrary to the agreement or common understanding pleaded above.
- The application and the application for interim relief are wholly misconceived.
- In my judgment an attempt to formulate a duty of care in this way is wholly misconceived.
- If a wholly different kind of Ireland is in the making, we should at least be mindful of the moral vacuum that currently exists.
- Some people are impermeable to information or wholly out of touch with the topical subjects of the day.
While – trong khi
- An executioner in the foreground quickens the fire with a pair of bellows, whilst another pours the boiling liquid over the Saint.
- The devastation is vast, whilst being contained within a relatively small area.
- The x-axis shows the population in millions whilst the y-axis shows different age ranges.
- Heroin stays in the system for around a day, whilst cannabis can remain in the body for up to a month.
- We had to queue and order our meal, standing at a counter, whilst scanning the menu.