I. "shoot up"vừa là phrasal verb nội động từ vừa là phrasal verb ngoại động từ
II. Cách dùng
1. Mang nghĩa"tăng nhanh (mang yếu tố bất ngờ, bất thình lình)"
=If something shoots up, it grows or increases very quickly/to grow in size, or increase in number or level, very quickly
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- Sales shot up by 9% last month.
- The fair market value of the property shot up.
- Petrol prices have shot up in the last six months.
- David has really shot up since I saw him last.
- Prices shot up by 25 percent.
2. Mang nghĩa"cao vụt lên"
=to grow taller very quickly
- She’s shot up since the last time we saw her.