I. "come to"là phrasal verb ngoại động từ
II. Cách dùng
1. Mang nghĩa"nhớ tới ai"
=if something comes to you, you think of it or remember it
- The idea came to me when we were on holiday.
- Her name will come to me in a minute.
- It came to her that it was foolish to expect him to help.
2. Mang nghĩa"đến mức nào (số liệu, kết quả nào đó...), tới mức độ này"
=to reach a particular state or point, especially one that is bad or unpleasant/to reach a particular total when everything is added together
- If it comes to war, NATO forces will be stronger in the air.
- With salaries and overtime the bill came to £752,000.
- So, has our relationship come to this? Two people with nothing to say to each other.
- You wonder what the world is coming to when young children are dying of hunger.
- It comes to something when you don’t even remember your own mother’s birthday.
3. Mang nghĩa"không đạt được thành công
=to finally achieve a particular level of success
- His teachers all agreed that he wouldn’t come to anything much.
4. Mang nghĩa"về mặt"
=when the subject being discussed is a particular thing
- When it comes to holidays, I prefer something lazy.
- When it comes to writing letters, she’s hopeless.