Mang nghĩa "đánh liều"
=to do something even though it involves risk
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- Lorraine didn’t know me but she took a chance on my honesty.
- It is just not worth taking any chances.
- Although rain was forecast we decided to take a chance on it and have the party out of doors. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Mặc dù trời mưa đã được dự báo trước chúng tôi quyết định đi và có bữa tiệc ngoài trời)
- When you take a chance, you try to do something although there is a large risk of danger or failure.
- You take a chance on the weather if you holiday in the U.K.
- From then on, they were taking no chances. Dennis was not a man to take chances.