1. Mang nghĩa"tạt qua, ghé qua một lát"
=to go to an event, but only for a short time because you do not really want to be there/To visit or appear at some place or event for a brief amount of time, especially as a courtesy or for the sake of politeness.
- I felt like I had to put in an appearance at the staff party, but I only stayed for an hour.
- We really should make an appearance at my cousin's party—it would be pretty rude not to while we're in town like this.
- We decided we should make an appearance at the bar. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Chúng tôi quyết định ghé qua quán rượu một lát)
- The movie visited the hospital when a young fan dying of leukemia asked her to make an appearance.
- At least Marc managed to put in an appearance at the party.
2. Mang nghĩa"xuất hiện"
=to appear; to appear in a performance
- We waited for thirty minutes for the professor to make an appearance, then we went home.
- The famous singing star made an appearance in Detroit last August.
Các khóa học IELTS online 1 kèm 1 - 100% cam kết đạt target 6.0 - 7.0 - 8.0 - Đảm bảo đầu ra - Thi không đạt, học lại FREE
>> Thành tích học sinh IELTS TUTOR với hàng ngàn feedback được cập nhật hàng ngày