Mang nghĩa "gắn cái gì với tầm quan trọng, xem cái gì là quan trọng"
=to believe that something is important/to think that something is important or true and that it should be considered seriously
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- People attach too much importance to economic forecasts.
- Hence he attaches importance to spending more of the government's research cash in industry as opposed to within the government's own establishments.
- And, since he seems to attach importance to the language-game of giving orders and obeying them, let us begin there.
- Both his parents attach great importance to education. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Cả bố mẹ anh ấy đều xem trọng giáo dục)
- I don't attach great importance to that problem. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Tôi không xem trọng vấn đề đó)
- You know, the safety of packing is something we always attach great importance to. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Bạn biết đấy, đóng gói để giữ hàng được an toàn là điều chúng tôi luôn rất xem trọng)
- We attach particular importance to good diplomatic relations between the two countries.
- The growing significance attached to fashion in society resulted in the increased consumption of fabrics, precious stones and furs.
- I don't attach any importance/significance to these rumours.
- She attaches great value to being financially independent.
- Don't worry - it was an accident and no blame attaches to either of you.
- Great honour attaches to winning this award.