Bên cạnh hướng dẫn em cách phân tích đề thi cùng đính kèm bài sửa bài viết của học sinh IELTS TUTOR đi thi hôm đấy và mới nhận kết quả thi 5.5 nhé, IELTS TUTOR tổng hợp thêm Collocation với danh từ "pressure"
I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Collocation với danh từ "pressure"
1. adj + pressure
gentle, light, firm, downward, high, low, air, blood, water, enormous, great, intense, strong, tremendous, growing, increasing, mounting, popular, peer, peer-group+ pressure
- an instrument for measuring blood pressure
- There is intense pressure on her to resign.
- The government bowed to popular pressure and repealed the law.
- She started smoking because of peer pressure.
2. verb + pressure
apply, put, reduce, build up, increase, rise, ease, fall, considerable, constant, intolerable, undue, unrelenting, commercial, competitive, economic, financial, political, social, place/put sb under, cope with, withstand, escape, get away (from), reduce, bring to bear, exert, place/put (sb under), be brought under, be under, come under, face, resist, withstand, bow to, give in to, respond to + pressure
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- The economic pressures on small businesses are intense.
- It's an ideal place in which to relax and escape the pressures of modern life.
- This concession would not have happened but for the pressure that was brought to bear on the authorities.
- My parents never put any pressure on me to get a job.
- Hospital staff are coming under pressure to work longer hours.
- The editor bowed to pressure from his staff, and the article was suppressed.
3. pressure + verb
pressure + build up, increase
4. cụm từ
- under pressure
- pressure on
- pressure of work
- pressure for
- pressure from
- He's felt under pressure since his wife had the operation.
- There's a lot of pressure on the soldiers preparing for battle.
- The holiday was a welcome relief from the pressure of work.
- Management is under pressure to set an example on pay restraint.
- pressure for change in the country's economy
- pressure from religious groups
- pressure on foreign diplomats