Bên cạnh hướng dẫn em cách phân tích đề thi cùng đính kèm bài sửa bài viết của học sinh IELTS TUTOR đi thi hôm đấy và mới nhận kết quả thi 5.5 nhé, IELTS TUTOR tổng hợp thêm Collocation với danh từ "number"
I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Collocation với danh từ "number"
1. adj + number
cardinal, decimal, ordinal, even, odd, high, low, prime, random, lucky, unlucky, considerable, enormous, great, huge, inordinate, large, substantial, vast, record, disproportionate, surprising, fair, reasonable, significant, finite, infinite, equal, maximum, minimum, average, mean, median, adequate, sufficient, limited, small, growing, increasing, rising, exact, precise, indefinite, unspecified, approximate, total + number
- Houses on this side of the road have even numbers.
- Many people think 13 is an unlucky number.
- a record number of enquiries
- We've had a fair number of complaints about the new phone system.
- There are an infinite number of solutions to the problem.
- The candidates received an equal number of votes.
- Many people have died in the epidemic?
- the precise number is not known.
2. verb + number
add, divide, multiply, subtract, take away, grow in, increase in, decrease in, reduce in
- Add all the numbers together, divide by ten, and take away the number you first thought of.
- Factories had increased in number between the wars.
- in round numbers
- number crunching (= doing calculations)
- in number
- a decline/drop in numbers
- a growth/an increase in numbers, few/limited/small in number
- There were about 150 there, in round numbers.
- There's more to accountancy than just number crunching.
- The paintings, twelve in number, are over 200 years old.
- The decline in numbers of young people means that fewer teachers will be needed.
- Wild dogs are now few in number.
4. number + verb
number + double, grow, increase, decline, diminish, drop, dwindle, fall (off/down)
- Shark numbers have dwindled as a result of hunting.