Bên cạnh hướng dẫn em cách phân tích đề thi cùng đính kèm bài sửa bài viết của học sinh IELTS TUTOR đi thi hôm đấy và mới nhận kết quả thi 5.5 nhé, IELTS TUTOR tổng hợp thêm Collocation với danh từ "gap"
I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Collocation với danh từ "gap"
1. adj + gap
big, huge, large, wide, narrow, small, awkward, long, short, significant, substantial, unbridgeable, growing, widening, narrow, age, generation, cultural/culture, gender, credibility, information, knowledge, skills+ gap
- an awkward gap between the bed and the door
- The unbridgeable gap between the two cultures
- Despite the age gap, romance blossomed.
- The gender gap in earnings
- Newspapers were talking of a credibility gap between what he said and what he did.
- The knowledge gap between doctor and patient
2. verb + gap
leave, fill, seal,bridge+ gap
- Seal the gaps around the windows with an exterior-quality sealant.
- wondering how to fill an awkward gap in the conversation
- an attempt to bridge the gap between the academic world and industry
3. gap + verb
gap + appear, open up, widen, narrow, separate sb/sth
- He flashed his headlights and jumped lanes whenever a gap opened up.
- He realized how narrow was the gap separating him from his pagan ancestors.
4. Cụm từ
- through a/the gap
- gap between
- gap in
- gap year
- after a/the gap
- A rabbit ran along the fence and darted through a gap.
- Position the tiles, leaving a narrow gap between the edges.
- She returned to teaching after a twelve-year gap.
- a job to fill the gap between school and university
- a gap in his career
- A huge gap had appeared in the hedge.
- I'm planning to travel in my gap year (= the year between school and university).